Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Unbelieveable...

Hello again everyone, it's been a few days since I last posted, and I don't want another lapse, which will almost inevitably result in me never posting!
Anyway, on to the post:

Terror in London, they said it would happen sooner or later. I turned on the news when I woke up at the crack of noon last thursday, and I couldn't believe my eyes; bombs on the underground, and on a trademark red london bus... The day before I was there, people were walking around with London 2012 flags, the city was happy, and the red arrows put on a celebratory display. How things change within 24 hours...

The City had gone from elation, to dispair, people on the tube trains and the number 30 bus were probably reading about the olympic victory in their newspapers, moments before the bombs went off, changing and destroying lives forever.

However, in the week we celebrate the allies victory in WWII, the blitz spirit seems to live on, people are still using public transport, going to theatres and gigs. London, and the rest of Britain will not let these terrorists win, or change our way of life.

I am probably one of the least patriotic people you will ever meet, but for the first time in a long while, possibly ever, I feel proud to be British. Terrorists may aim to make us "quake in fear", and change our way of life, but as these past few days have shown, they have failed.

Rant over...

If you feel like it, please visit these sites for other views on the bombings:
Rob
Astolath (Works in London, and has written a superb first hand account)

3 comments:

The Prisoner said...

hurry up and post again damn yer eyes!

Motormouth said...

What He Said!!!!

Motormouth said...

Fuckin' Spamment!